Friday, September 10, 2004

My Aiptek 4100M Digital Video Camcorder

My last post includes a picture of my new digital video camcamcorder, posed next to my iPod so you can see how tiny it is. Here is another shot of the 4100 in action.

Aiptek 4100M Digital Camcorder

You can get it for under $100 at Sam's Club. Very small, very light, can also be used as a still digital camera, a web cam, and a voice recorder. The videos are not professional quality, but they are not bad at all.

Don't have money for an expensive digital camcorder? Or do you have one that you don't carry around because it is too heavy/bulky or you are afraid you will lose/break it? Want to give your kid a real video camera that is priced like a toy? Check out the Aiptek 4100M. I love mine!!

3 comments:

  1. Does the Aiptek 4100m and Mac OS X play well together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Glen. The camcorder connects to my eMac via USB. It has a setting that allows it to be used as an external drive (movies and still images can be transferred to the Mac using the Finder) OR as a webcam (but the included software only works with PCs).

    I have a DAC-100 analog to DV converter that connects to the Mac via Firewire. I have used it to transfer 8mm videos to the computer. One of these days I am going to try connecting the Aiptek to the DAC-100 and see if I can import video that way.

    Meanwhile, the videos that the camera creates are in .ASF format. My freebie versions of QuickTime and RealPlayer don't know what to do with those but I found a free program called VLC (VideoLan Client Media Player) that can play them. I wonder if Quick Time Pro can handle them.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    kh

    ReplyDelete
  3. USING AIPTEK 4100M FOR A TRIAL PERIOD. ALSO LOOKING AT TH AIPTEX DV4500 UNIT ... WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT I DECIDE ON. THE 4100M SEEMS TO FIT INTO THE HAND QUITE NICE.

    ANY COMMENTS REGARDING THE 4100M PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THEM ON.

    ReplyDelete

Valley of Fire State Park (Overton, NV)